Collection of Quotes, Poems, Short Stories, Book Reviews and How To's Guide.

I Still Hope | Poem

I Still Hope | Poem


I found you in starting of my career standing across the hallway with a beer.
I kept staring at that beautiful smile for god knows how long until I heard a song.
People started dancing to the beats which were on repeat and I quickly found myself closer to your seat.

I Still Hope | Poem

Couldn’t say a word, still mesmerized by that smile until, until, you asked. “Have I seen you somewhere?”
And the story began of me falling for you every day and wanting you to stay until my hair turns grey.
As beautiful as it was, didn’t last much longer, as I was still stuck there and you wandered.

I tried to an extent you can't imagine, the ego that I had, was boiled out of my blood.
I was so in love that I never asked do you also love me back.
I was so in love that I forgot both players have to run to keep the score ticking.
Life got stuck or I should say, I was stuck while the life kept moving
Three long dreadful years taught me one thing for sure, love with all you have but don't forget to tell that you love her.
I made that mistake and faced the consequences, stuck for years, waiting for years with the hope she'll return.

I still hope…

I hope you enjoyed reading this poem. If you have any suggestion or feedback do tell me in the comments section :)


To join The Keeper Diaries family of more than 6k amazing people, follow me on any of the social media links below.

Instagram
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment